Who We Are

The body of Christ at Three Chopt Road in Richmond, Virginia was first established in 1923 with nine Christians meeting in each others’ homes. In 1926, the congregation moved into a building on Third Avenue in Richmond and became the Highland Park Church of Christ. In 1964, we purchased a building at 4006 Hermitage Road and became known as the Hermitage Road congregation. We remained in this location until 2000, when we purchased property on Three Chopt Road to construct our new building, completed in 2002.

A General Statement of What We Believe

In these days of confusing religious pluralism, it seems prudent for us to offer a general statement of what we believe. It is offered as a broad framework to help unify our community of faith and to inform you, a person whom we assume is seeking to find a like-minded community of Christians.

ABOUT GOD

ABOUT JESUS

ABOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT

ABOUT THE NEW BIRTH

ABOUT THE CHURCH

ABOUT THE BIBLE

ABOUT THE PRINCIPALITIES & POWERS